love is like a dream when
it's just me and you
HELLO.

She could have no lasting satisfaction in the company of a person who joined insincerity with ignorance.

Welcome to my blog. Have fun reading the walls of text.
KTHNXBAI.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 @ 7:36 PM
well, if that's love, it comes at much too high a cost.
Whoever you are holding me now in hand,
Without one thing all will be useless,
I give you fair warning before you attempt me further,
I am not what you supposed, but far different.
Who is he that would become my follower?
Who would sign himself a candidate for my affections?
The ways is suspicious, the result uncertain, perhaps destructive.
You would have to give up all else, I alone would expect to be your sole and exclusive standard.
Your novitiate would even then be long and exhausting,
The whole past theory of your life and all conformity to the lives around you would have to be abandon'd,
Therefore release me now before troubling yourself any further, let go your hand from my shoulders,
Put me down and depart on your way.

Walt Whitman: Leaves of Grass

  1. Life's been hectic lately. So tired, and so busy.
Yet another reason to leave this place. Would be nice to stay elsewhere, especially if life has a slower pace. But I guess I'll have to muddle through, for these two years at least. Finally had a wake-up call, especially after watching "An Education" (which was scripted by Nick Hornby!), and so I'm finally determined about working hard now to get my not-so amazing self into a relatively good university. I'll manage - hopefully.

In terms of the more emotional aspect of things - that can go die. Fulfilling something that my heartthinks (oh the irony of that phrase) for the short term is definitely not going to get me anywhere in the future. Sure, I like him, but as the lyrics in defying gravity go..."it comes at much too high a cost". Oh well.

Need to get back to concentrating and working.
Loves x