love is like a dream when
it's just me and you
HELLO.

She could have no lasting satisfaction in the company of a person who joined insincerity with ignorance.

Welcome to my blog. Have fun reading the walls of text.
KTHNXBAI.

Friday, January 15, 2010 @ 11:01 PM
you're everything i need and more, it's written all over your face.
Since you're reading this again (whoever you might be), this probably means I have sunken into another completely bored mood, and had some ideas floating in my head that I wanted written down. But more likely it's the boredom factor that's bringing me here again. I always have some ideas filled in my head. But I guess boredom's the main factor that really makes me want to write something down, since blogging serves as some sort of procrastination.

But anyhow.

Today, during our Athletic Finals, a conversation with R really got me thinking: what's the difference between infatuation and love? Infatuation is being wildly obsessed about someone (given this context), and thinking it through, is it not true that all those love stories, all the greatest novels in the world involving love, do the lovers not share the same symptoms as infatuation? Your head gets clouded with thoughts of that person, and that person only...everything you think about, talk about can somehow relate back to that certain him who's special there in your heart. All the usual clichés: heart skips a beat, butterflies in your stomach when you see him, can't meet his gaze, blush, always try and see him - one second without each other is absolutely unbearable. Especially for a girl, who has always had fantasies about meeting the perfect guy, the Mr. Darcy to Elizabeth Bennett, the Romeo to Juliet, the Mr. Rochester to Jane Eyre, there's undoubtedly connotations between infatuation and true love. But what does it mean to truly love someone? Is it really what most people experience - that bubbly need to always be there with him, to want him to hold you in his arms, whisper quietly "I love you", and then have him love you as much as you need him? Love exists, in many forms, and this infatuation, true, it may be considered as a type of love, but is it really what we strive for in life? All the romance novels that I've read, may it be Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre or more modern books by Nora Roberts, Sophie Kinsella or even Stephanie Meyer, the couple are always being portrayed to be falling in love, and maybe plans to get married. Not many books out there might accurately portray the meaning of love. The clichéd, traditional signs of being in love simply are another way of saying that you are, in fact, infatuated with someone.

So does someone as cynical as I am believe that "love forever" a myth then? The answer, unfortunately for myself, is no. If you get to know a person well enough, you will start to care about them. I truly believe that there is {love}, but it's just not that chemical, passionate, heat-burning love that you first experience when you supposedly fall in love with them. Jane Austen (undoubtedly one of my favourite authors of all time) explored the differences between marriage and love. Why was Sense and Sensibility a must-read for young women? The portrayal of Marianne, her journey from love, love lost and then marriage was undoubtedly one of the most inspiring for me, especially as Marianne didn't end up with Willoughby, whom most would have thought she would. In a relationship, there's bound to be one who cares more for the other, and in Marianne's case, money and affluence was chosen above the love she could have given to Willoughby, thus the loss of the novel's heroine is no one's fault but Willoughby himself. But what Jane Austen really showed, in my opinion, was the relationship between love and marriage. Austen's point in this novel, in my opinion, is that when you start caring about someone, or spending a lot more time with them, you start to love them, despite the flaws (unless it was some sort of deep hatred).

But loving someone - what does that really mean? In a relationship, there will always be someone who loves the other more. Using Sense and Sensibility again as an example, Marianne clearly loved Willoughby more, as Willoughby was willing to give their love up in order to gain affluence (or so I would assume). So between two people, there will always be some degree of heartbreak (to be on the pessimistic side). Love is selfish; with some sort of input, you expect to receive output, which may not always necessarily be there. But does this mean that as a person who loves more than the other, you should just let it be because you love them so much, so so much? Why should you? Sure, t'is better to have loved and lost, than to have never have loved at all, but love is mutual. It does take two to tango afterall, and with an unwilling partner, or a clumsy one (metaphorically speaking) who steps on your feet every 10 seconds while you gracefully take the dance floor - is he really worth the time, or should you move on and try and find a better dancer? Loving someone is to be there to support and care, to want to be there with him, to enjoy the silences and the conversations, to be carried away for hours without realising the lost time, to feel happy as a panda with bamboo when he smiles at you and squeezes your hand. but sometimes when the happiness fades, when it gets too much to handle, you should also know how to let go and just smile at the memories.

Are you still reading my blab? Well done. Here, have an invisible cookie.
I guess some of my thoughts + what has happened lately got me thinking and off on some rant. There's much more, I assure you, but I really don't want to be typing up an extended-essay length rant here. Or have I done that already?

But yeah. It's time to focus and stop going astray off the path; namely, being able to kick some ass, study hard, aim for and reach the stars. I've been distracted, and thinking it through, it's time to study study study. Aim for that awesome university Anna!

Boyfriends don't last forever, let alone a simple small infatuation with a boy who seems to see right through me. Or does he really?
Who knows. But for now, whatever. Nothing will ever come out of this relationship, and friends always last longer than anything to do with love (or is it hormones?).
<<還是好朋友, 比愛人更長久>>
But if he asked me out, I'm not too sure of what my answer may be.
But there's only a minimal chance of that. Actually, minimal is an overstatement.

Now it's 12:00 AM here.
Time to stop procrastinating.
Loves!